I Want Nothing

Posted on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015


Subscribe to Knowledge Sheet

There are two ways of looking at life:
  1. Either you take it as a burden and a drag and make your whole life a long drawn misery, or
  2. You take it with enthusiasm, thinking, 'I have all these responsibilities and challenges, and I can do it'. And you move on with celebration.
When you are tired that is when you feel that all this is too much for you to handle. When this happens, I would say, sit back and relax. Think that you have no responsibility whatsoever. Find the deepest of the rest within you, and then you will get the strength you need to move on. Just say one thing to yourself, 'I want nothing!' This wanting nothing gives you the deepest of the rests.

Rest is not just physically lying in bed, it is the mode of the mind which says, 'I am satisfied, I am content'. Its only contentment which can give you rest and this contentment is not going to come to you by doing something or by engaging in any activity. It will come to you only through knowledge. And the knowledge is:
  1. Everything is impermanent
  2. I am satisfied
  3. I want nothing
This is the essence of the knowledge.

Travel with Sri Sri to Combodia - Click Here for Details


Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment